Sunday, February 26, 2017

Famous Last Words: Is it spring break yet?

I still did not enjoy the Mahabharata. The Ramayana was a much easier read for me and I actually wanted to know what happened next. The Mahabharata, I think, just had too many characters to keep up with and a lot of stuff seemed drawn out. There were too many side stories and stuff I didn't need. I am really hoping that the Epified Mahabharata, video version, that I decided to watch next week for our reading assignments, is easier for me and more entertaining. Sita Sings the Blues was a great video that I really enjoyed, so I'm hoping it is somewhat similar to that.

This week, I did a planning post instead of a story. I'm not too sure about the topic I chose to write my story on for next week. I like the idea I created and think it could be really good but I'm afraid about how well I can execute it. I might end up changing and writing about something else. It's hard because I did not find anything overly interesting to be from the Mahabharata to write about.

It was cool to see people's storybook introductions this week. Since I'm doing a portfolio, it was interesting to see how the storybook works. Some of the ideas were so creative and I'm hoping to go back and read some of the stories. I really enjoyed one that had a western theme but including original characters from the Ramayana.

I have another quiz tomorrow in my capstone class that I'm a little worried about but hopefully it won't be too bad. This week and especially next weekend are going to be crazy because I have a worksheet, a lab report, a paper, and the assignments for this class due by next Monday (March 6th). Crossing my fingers that I don't procrastinate and do good work.
Western Theme

No comments:

Post a Comment