Monday, February 27, 2017

Wikipedia Trail: From Parvati to Terma Tradition

Parvati

She was Shiva's wife in the Mahabharata and I wanted to know more about her. She is the Hindu goddess of love, devotion, and fertility. I like the idea of female deities, since I feel like I mostly hear about male deities.

Mount Kailash

This is where Parvati abides and I wanted to know where this was located and look at some pictures. It is a peak in the Kailash mountain range in Tibet. It is also near some of the longest rivers in Asia. 
Mount Kailash, Wikipedia.

Bon

Mount Kailash is considered sacred in a few religions and this is one of them. I had never heard of this religion so I wanted to know a little more about it. It is a Tibetan religion and arose in the 11th century. 

Terma

The Bon religion gets a lot of its scripture from the Terma tradition. I have also never heard of this and wanted to know more about it too. It believes that a text or ritual implement is hidden in things like rocks, herbs, trees, lakes, and etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment