Sunday, March 12, 2017

Famous Last Words: SPRING BREAK!

We did not do any reading this week and I did not do any extra credit reading either. It was kind of nice to have a break this week to not read anything new. The other assignments this week allowed me to reflect back on the first half of the semester and decide my plans for the second half.

I also have not written a story in a couple weeks, since one was not required this week and I did not write one last week because I was too busy. I did read some wonderful stories written by my fellow classmates. It is so crazy how some people in my class are such amazing writers (and a lot of them are not majoring in English or anything writing related)! 

I did really bad on my last quiz in my capstone class. I knew it was going to be rough, but it was REALLY bad. Out of my group of friends in there, the best score on it was a 50% (if that tells you how bad it was). I'm still doing alright in the class and we have some extra credit points that she hasn't put in the grade book so hopefully I'll be fine. (I just need C's this semester anyway).

I talked last week about how I was going to be planning my graduation trip and we ended up changing where we were going like 4 times. Luckily, my mom's best friend's mom has some time shares throughout the U.S. and she is letting me use one. We (my boyfriend and I) are going to Surfside Beach, S.C. which is only a few miles south of Myrtle Beach (so we'll be there a lot). Since she has a timeshare, the resort was very cheap. Instead of it being around $1300 for a week, I only had to be $300! That definitely helps out a lot. We'll be able to go more places and eat where we want instead of stressing about money. I'm really excited!

This week (SPRING BREAK!) my boyfriend and I are going up to his grandpa's/aunt and uncle's lake house at Lake Tenkiller. We are pretty bummed because the weather is going to be cold and rainy pretty much the whole time we are there. Also, we heard that the lake is 6-7 feet low right now. We were hoping to go fishing a bunch, but it doesn't look like that is happening. I think we are planning on just chilling, watching movies, and eating food while we are down there (which is totally alright with me). I need a break from school and work so this is going to be amazing.

The top picture I attached is from a fishing spot we like to go to that is really close to the lake house. We have never caught anything really great from there but it is always pretty. The bottom picture is from our favorite trout fishing spot off the Illinois River (which we will probably go to again like usual).

I'm hoping we will get lucky and get some warmer weather but I'm not putting any money on it. 

Lake Tenkiller 2016, Personal Photo.

Illinois River 2012, Personal Photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment