Friday, March 3, 2017

Week 8 Reflections

Reading

I have enjoyed reading the online options because it is easy for me, as a commuter, to read whenever and where ever I am. I enjoyed the Ramayana the most for sure. I really enjoyed the "Sita Sings the Blues" YouTube version. I have mostly just been reading when I can. I try to make the Monday or Tuesday deadline, then use the extra reading assignment to cover if I miss one of the others. 

I still haven't been able to really do the reading notes right. I right them as if I am going to take a test about the reading. I haven't been able to read like a writer yet. It is easier for me to take notes over the story and then go back and pick something that interested me. 

I think I am going to continue the Karmic Revolution version of the Mahabharata on YouTube. I have enjoyed it to so far. It has helped me understand the Mahabharata with its intricate story and many characters.

Writing

I have enjoyed my stories more and more every week. My last story I wrote, week 5, was my favorite one by far. It seemed I had a lot less things to fix in that one as well. I need to be a little more creative with my stories. I feel like they are all similar somewhat; I have not written anything especially interesting or crazy. 

I might try to write a story exclusive from the point of view of one person or try one that is like a diary style. (Week 6 I wrote a planning story about possibly doing a diary style but I have not written a story yet). 

Connecting

I admire that others came up with such creative stories. I need to be more creative in my writing. I have noticed a few stories that have many small errors like words misspelled, words left out, etc. I want to make sure I do not have those kinds of mistakes in my writing. I think I have been doing a decent job with feedback. It's hard sometimes because I feel like if I make too many suggestions or point out mistakes I might be being too harsh but I really just want to be helpful. 
Writing a Story, Pexel

No comments:

Post a Comment